Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Physical Man

There was this saying I read in a book which I can't remember now, it's either one of those by Idries Shah or Tadhkirat al-Auliya (get it free here ). The saying is about this gentleman becoming spiritually strong due to physical condition and later on, he found his source for spirituality from hunger and much later, being full or hungry does not affect his spirituality.

These last few weeks have been really low in my life. It seems that my physical affects my spritual much more than previously. I once asked a friend how does he keeps doing his daily practices everyday. Discipline he said; we must work for it.

I must baby steps back.

O Tuhan
Empunya semesta alam
We declare our sins to you, O Lord
Though we keep running away from you
Please keep us under your blessings
Keep us among those who are righteous
Among our Masters
You are truly the Sustainer of our worlds
Look at us with Grace
For the sake of your most beloved servant
The best of creations
Accept us O Lord

No comments: