Friday, May 04, 2012

Raja Ashman & Naqshbandi Sufi Order (2)

Here are a few more pics related to Naqshbandi Sufi Order, particularly of the Shaykh Nazim's lineage since there are many salsilah's around.

Pardon me coz I'm a bit lazy to search around. So I just post here whatever I find and they are mostly pics of Shaykh Hisham, son-in-law to Shaykh Nazim and one of his khalifah.

Here's a pic of Shaykh Hisham giving khutbah in Istiqlal, Indonesia's largest mosque on July 11, 2003.

I meant to say that, not everybody can be invited to give khutbah at such a place. Not unless you are a sound scholar.

More info can be found here.

Here's a pic of Shaykh Hisham attending a conference of Islamic scholars in February, 2004 in Jakarta.













I don't know when these two pics below were taken; my guess is mid 2000 in South Thailand where Shaykh Hisham visited a few 'pondoks' there. Look at the respect given to Shaykh Hisham, the mudir lined up his students to receive him.















In my folly and in my youth, I used to think that these 'tok guru' pondoks are a bit backwards. But time has shown me otherwise. Some of them may not be as world savvy as others due to their locality. But no one can deny their knowledge and integrity. Their impeccable character.

And these pics are proof how they treat people like Shaykh Hisham ... with respect and honor.

And this respect and honor are not given to just anybody. Not unless they are on the right path in our faith. Just look at how these pondok students line up to receive Shaykh Hisham.

Hence, despite the fatwa in previous page, I kind of like to be with these people. May the good Lord always support them :).

No comments: